Stainless Steel Grade 304 Wire
The Crazy Wire Company are long established as Europe’s preferred suppliers of top quality stainless steel grade 304 wire. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our marine grade woven mesh products.
With a diameter of 0.25mm (30AWG), stainless steel grade 304 wire offers durability, corrosion resistance, and versatility, making it a preferred choice for numerous applications. As one of the most commonly used stainless steels due to its resistance to rust and tarnishing, grade 304 is a common choice. With a diameter of 0.25mm (equivalent to 30AWG), this wire achieves a fine balance between strength and flexibility. There are advantages to using stainless steel grade 304 in environments where corrosion could be a concern, such as outdoor settings, chemical environments, and industrial settings. The wire can be used for a variety of purposes, including crafting, jewelry-making, and even specialised uses like supporting structures for small-scale models or in certain electronic components. Additionally, its malleability makes it a preferred choice for intricate tasks requiring precision, since it is easy to handle and manipulate. When you choose stainless steel grade 304 wire, you’re guaranteed a product that will stand the test of time while providing optimal performance in a variety of applications.
Jewelry making, crafting, wire forming, and other industries that benefit from the use of industrial grade stainless components can all be accomplished with this wire. The 304 stainless steel wire is a perfect choice if you’re looking for a corrosion-resistant wire that’s precision-minded. As a result of its versatility, it can be used effectively in a range of tasks and environments.
We provide a comprehensive range of sizes tailored to meet diverse needs. The wire diameters range from a delicate 0.08mm up to a more robust 0.87mm. These sizes correspond to American Wire Gauge (AWG) standards from 40AWG down to 20AWG. To assist with electrical applications, it’s noteworthy that our wire resistances vary from 252.17 Ωm at the finest size, decreasing to 1.2 Ωm as the wire diameter increases.
Specification of this product:
- Diameter -0.25mm (250 Micron – 30 AWG)
- Ohms/ft – 14.53
These specifications not only testify to the wire’s adaptability but also its capacity to fulfill specific requirements in both craftsmanship and technology. When you choose our stainless steel wire, you’re investing in reliability, precision, and quality. Whether you’re working on intricate designs or establishing firm connections, this product ensures you have the best material at your fingertips.
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
We also offer stainless steel in ribbon and flat wire options.
The choice is virtually endless!
FAQs About This Wire
Can I Use Grade 304 Stainless Steel Wire In Marine Environments?
Grade 304 stainless steel is known for its corrosion resistance, which is attributed to the presence of chromium. However, when considering marine environments, it’s essential to understand the specific challenges posed. Marine settings expose metals to saltwater, which can be more corrosive than other types of water due to the high salt content. While stainless steel grade 304 offers a good level of resistance to many corrosive elements, its performance in marine environments can be less predictable. Over time, exposure to saltwater can lead to localized corrosion, such as pitting, especially in areas where water is trapped or where the wire is deprived of oxygen. If the wire is to be submerged or consistently exposed to saltwater, a higher-grade stainless steel like 316, known for its molybdenum content and increased resistance to chloride corrosion, might be more suitable.
Is Stainless Steel Grade 304 Safe For Jewelry Making?
Absolutely. The hypoallergenic properties of stainless steel grade 304 make it an ideal choice for jewelry making. In comparison to other metals, stainless steel jewelry is less likely to cause allergic reactions in individuals with sensitive skin or metal allergies. Grade 304 is composed of iron, chromium, and nickel, which results in a material that is non-tarnishing, corrosion-resistant, and robust. Jewelers find these properties particularly advantageous since they make their products durable and maintain their lustrous appearance for a long time. Additionally, grade 304 stainless steel is anti-corrosive, so the jewelry will not corrode quickly even when exposed to moisture or sweat, a common concern with jewelry. People with severe metal sensitivities should always check for specific nickel content or choose medical-grade stainless steel to avoid any potential reactions.
Are There Any Special Care Instructions For Grade 304 Stainless Steel Wire?
Stainless steel grade 304 is renowned for its durability and resistance to corrosion, but like all materials, it benefits from proper care to maintain its appearance and longevity. Here are some care instructions for grade 304 stainless steel wire:
- Cleaning: Regularly clean the wire with a mild detergent or soapy water to remove dust, dirt, and fingerprints. This prevents any buildup which can lead to staining. Always rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth to avoid water spots.
- Avoid Chlorides: While grade 304 is resistant to many substances, it’s less resistant to chloride, which can cause pitting. Therefore, if the wire comes into contact with salt or chlorine (from pools), rinse it off promptly.
- Polishing: If the wire begins to lose its shine or gets scratched, you can polish it with a soft cloth. Avoid using abrasive materials, which can scratch the surface.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Strong acids and alkalis can corrode stainless steel. It’s essential to ensure that the wire isn’t exposed to such chemicals for prolonged periods. If exposure occurs, rinse the wire immediately with plenty of water.
- Storing: If you’re storing grade 304 stainless steel wire for an extended period, ensure it’s in a dry, cool place and avoid wrapping it in rubber bands, which can trap moisture.
- Regular Inspection: Periodically inspect the wire for any signs of wear or corrosion. Early detection can help address any issues before they escalate.
- Avoid Abrasives: Do not use abrasive pads or brushes on the wire, as they can scratch the surface and compromise the passive layer, making it more susceptible to corrosion.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, FeCrAl, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘What You Need To Know About: Stainless Steel Wires’ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.