Raw Copper Wire
The Crazy Wire Company are best know as suppliers of top-quality raw copper bare wire in many thicknesses. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our woven mesh products.
A 0.4mm pure copper wire refers to a wire made of pure copper with a diameter of 0.4 millimeters. Pure copper is an excellent electrical conductor, which makes it a popular choice for electrical wiring and other electrical applications. Copper is also a relatively soft and flexible metal, which makes it easy to work with and ideal for applications that require a high degree of flexibility.
0.4mm pure copper wire can be used in a wide range of applications, including electrical wiring, electromagnets, and the winding of electrical motors and transformers. The wire’s electrical properties, such as its resistance and conductivity, will depend on factors such as the purity of the copper and the manufacturing process used.
Key product details:
- 99.9% Copper with the 0.01% being made up of trace elements.
- Assay – =99.9%
- Form – wire
- Resistivity – 1.673 µO-cm, 20°C
- Diam. – Various
- bp – 2567 °C(lit.)
- mp – 1083.4 °C(lit.)
- Density – 8.94 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
Other Available Copper Options
- 0.15mm – 35 AWG
- 0.18mm – 35 AWG
- 0.2mm – 32 AWG
- 0.25mm – 30 AWG
- 0.3mm – 29 AWG
- 0.35mm – 27 AWG
- 0.4mm – 26 AWG
- 0.5mm – 24 AWG
- 0.6mm – 22 AWG
- 0.7mm – 21 AWG
- 0.8mm – 20 AWG
- 0.9mm – 19 AWG
- 1mm – 18 AWG
- 20mm x 25mm Copper Adhesive Strip
- 30mm x 25mm Copper Adhesive Strip
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
FAQs About Copper Wire
Is This A Soft Wire?
A soft wire is a wire that is flexible and can be bent easily, while a hard wire is a wire that is stiff and cannot be bent easily. Soft wires are typically made of materials such as copper or aluminum, while hard wires are typically made of materials such as steel or iron. The choice between a soft or hard wire will depend on the application and the specific requirements of the project. For example, a soft wire may be preferred for applications where the wire needs to be bent or twisted frequently, while a hard wire may be preferred for applications where the wire needs to be able to support a lot of weight.
Soft Wire vs Hard Wire
What Can I Do With Copper Soft Wire?
There are many things you can do with a soft copper wire, some common examples include:
- Electrical wiring: Copper wire is a popular choice for electrical wiring due to its excellent conductivity and flexibility. Soft copper wire can be used for a variety of electrical wiring applications, including residential wiring, automotive wiring, and industrial wiring.
- Jewellery making: Soft copper wire is a popular choice for jewellery making because it is easy to bend, shape, and manipulate. It can be used to make a variety of different jewelry items such as necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.
- Sculpture: Soft copper wire can be used to create sculptures by bending and shaping the wire into different forms.
- Crafts: Copper wire is a versatile material that can be used in many different craft projects, such as making wire baskets, wire frames, and other wire art.
- Model making: Soft copper wire can be used to create detailed and realistic models, such as architectural models, landscape models and more.
- Electronics: Soft copper wire can be used for making connections and soldering purposes in electronic devices.
These are just a few examples of the many things you can do with soft copper wire. The flexibility and ductility of copper wire make it a versatile material that can be used for a wide range of projects.
Why Does Copper Wire Turns Black?
Copper wire can turn black due to a process known as oxidation. Copper is a highly reactive metal, which means it readily reacts with oxygen in the air to form a layer of copper oxide on its surface. This layer of copper oxide is typically black or dark green in color, and it can increase the wire’s resistance and reduce its conductivity.
In addition to air exposure, copper wire can also turn black due to exposure to other corrosive elements, such as acids, salts, and moisture. Over time, the copper oxide layer can become thicker and more extensive, and this can lead to additional degradation of the wire’s electrical properties and a reduction in its overall service life.
It’s also possible for copper wire to turn black due to the presence of other metals or impurities in the copper, as well as due to the manufacturing process used to produce the wire. For example, if the wire is not properly annealed, it can be more prone to stress corrosion and cracking, which can lead to black discoloration.
To prevent copper wire from turning black, it’s important to store and install the wire in a dry and well-ventilated environment, and to avoid exposing it to corrosive elements. Regular cleaning and maintenance can also help to remove any surface oxidation and improve the wire’s conductivity and overall performance.
Check out our blog ‘what you need to know about: pure copper wire’ for more information on copper wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.