0.45mm Copper Jewellery Wire
The Crazy Wire Company are best know as suppliers of top-quality copper jewellery wire in many thicknesses. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our woven mesh products.
0.45mm copper wire refers to a wire made of copper that has a diameter of 0.45 millimetres. Copper is a popular material for electrical wiring due to its high conductivity, good formability, and resistance to corrosion.
0.45mm copper wire can be used in a variety of electrical applications, such as in electrical wiring for homes, buildings, and machinery, or as a component in electrical and electronic devices. The wire can be used in both high and low voltage applications, and its small diameter makes it well-suited for applications where space is limited.
When selecting 0.45mm copper wire for a specific application, it’s important to consider factors such as the current carrying capacity, temperature rating, and resistance to corrosion.
Key product details:
- 99.9% Copper with the 0.01% being made up of trace elements.
- Assay – =99.9%
- Form – wire
- Resistivity – 1.673 µO-cm, 20°C
- Diam. – Various
- bp – 2567 °C(lit.)
- mp – 1083.4 °C(lit.)
- Density – 8.94 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
Other Available Copper Options
- 0.15mm – 35 AWG
- 0.18mm – 35 AWG
- 0.2mm – 32 AWG
- 0.25mm – 30 AWG
- 0.3mm – 29 AWG
- 0.35mm – 27 AWG
- 0.4mm – 26 AWG
- 0.5mm – 24 AWG
- 0.6mm – 22 AWG
- 0.7mm – 21 AWG
- 0.8mm – 20 AWG
- 0.9mm – 19 AWG
- 1mm – 18 AWG
- 20mm x 25mm Copper Adhesive Strip
- 30mm x 25mm Copper Adhesive Strip
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
FAQs About Copper Wire
What Is Soft Wire?
Soft wire refers to a wire that is flexible and can be bent easily. It is typically made of materials such as copper or aluminium, which have good ductility, meaning they can be stretched or bent without breaking. Soft wire is often used in applications where the wire needs to be bent or twisted frequently, such as electrical wiring, jewellery making, sculpture, craft and model making. The smaller the diameter of the wire, the softer and more flexible it will typically be. Soft wire is also known as annealed wire, because it has been heat treated to make it more flexible and easy to work with.
How To Harden Soft Wire
There are several ways to harden soft wire:
- Work hardening: One way to harden soft wire is through a process called work hardening. This involves repeatedly bending, twisting, or hammering the wire, which causes the metal to become stronger and harder.
- Annealing: Soft wire can be annealed to make it harder, Annealing is a heat treatment process that involves heating the wire to a high temperature and then slowly cooling it. This causes the metal to become more ductile and less brittle, making it stronger and harder.
- Tempering: Tempering is a heat treatment process that involves heating the wire to a specific temperature, holding it at that temperature for a certain period of time, and then cooling it. This causes the metal to become harder and more brittle.
- Galvanization: Soft wire can be galvanized to make it harder, Galvanization is a process that involves coating the wire with a layer of zinc. This provides a protective barrier that can help to make the wire more durable and resistant to corrosion.
- Cold working: Cold working means bending or deforming the wire at room temperature or below its recrystallization temperature, this causes the wire to become harder and stronger.
It’s important to note that hardening wire may also cause the wire to become less flexible and more brittle. So, the choice of hardening method depends on the intended use and the specific requirements of the project.
Can I Use Copper Wire For Jewellery?
Yes, you can use copper wire for jewellery making. Copper is a popular metal for jewellery making due to its affordability, malleability, and ease of working with. You can use it to make wire jewellery, such as rings, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. Copper wire is also a popular choice for making wire-wrapped gemstones and for incorporating into mixed-metal jewellery designs. When using copper wire for jewellery, you can choose from different gauges (thicknesses) to suit your design needs and can also choose to have it coated with a protective finish to prevent tarnish.
Is Copper Toxic In Jewellery?
Copper can be toxic if it is ingested in large amounts or if it is in contact with the skin for extended periods of time, causing skin irritation or discoloration. When used in jewellery, copper is usually present in small amounts and is not usually considered to be a hazard to health. However, if you have a sensitivity to copper, you may want to avoid wearing copper jewellery directly against your skin. Additionally, some people may experience skin discoloration after wearing copper jewellery, especially if it is in contact with sweat, which can cause the copper to react with the skin. To minimize any potential skin reactions, you can protect your skin from direct contact with the copper by applying a clear nail polish or other protective coating to the metal before wearing it.
Check out our blog ‘what you need to know about: pure copper wire’ for more information on copper wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.