316 Stainless Steel Wire
The Crazy Wire Company are long established as Europe’s preferred suppliers of top quality 316 stainless steel wire. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our marine grade woven mesh products.
The 0.39mm (26 AWG) round 316 stainless steel wire, known for its strength and corrosion resistance, is a versatile, marine-grade product. This rope is ideal for harsh environments, especially marine settings, as it can withstand salt water and chlorinated conditions, which makes it ideal for boat rigging and dock construction. Thanks to its aesthetic appeal and structural integrity, the material’s durability makes it ideal for architectural and construction uses like balustrades and fencing. Among its industrial uses, it’s useful for chemical processing equipment, while its biocompatibility makes it well-suited to medical equipment. The fine diameter of the tube also makes it possible to use it in jewelry making and crafting. As a result, this wire is an excellent choice for a diverse range of marine and medical applications, offering longevity and efficiency.
The details of this product are as follows:
- Diameter – 0.39mm (390 Micron – 26AWG)
- Ohms/ft – 6.45
- Iron (Fe): 66.5% to 74%
- Chromium (Cr): 16% to 18%
- Nickel (Ni): 10% to 14%
- Molybdenum (Mo): 2% to 3%
- Manganese (Mn): 2% max
- Silicon (Si): 1% max
- Carbon (C): 0.08% max
- Sulfur (S): 0.03% max
- Phosphorus (P): 0.045% max
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
We also offer stainless steel in ribbon and flat wire options.
The choice is virtually endless!
FAQs About This Wire
What Are The Potential Uses For Marine Grade Wire?
0.39mm 316 stainless steel wire is a very thin wire and it is used in a variety of applications that require a thin, strong, and corrosion-resistant material. Some common uses for 0.39mm 316 stainless steel wire include:
- Filtering: Due to its thinness and strength, 0.39mm 316 stainless steel wire is often used as a filter material in a wide range of industries, including chemical processing, food and beverage production, and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Medical equipment: The thin wire is also used in the production of medical equipment, such as surgical instruments, as it is non-toxic and corrosion-resistant.
- Electronics: Due to its conductivity and corrosion resistance, 0.39mm 316 stainless steel wire is often used in electronic devices, such as sensors and transducers.
- Jewellery making: 316 stainless steel wire with 0.39mm is used in making jewellery because it is durable, corrosion-resistant, and has a good shine.
- Industrial and Automotive: It can also be used in industrial and automotive applications, such as in the production of small parts and components, and in the construction of exhaust systems.
- Marine: due to its corrosion resistance, 0.39mm 316 stainless steel wire is also used in marine applications, such as in the construction of boats and ships.
- Industrial and Automotive: 0.39mm 316 stainless steel wire can also be used in industrial and automotive applications, such as in the production of small parts and components, and in the construction of exhaust systems.
- Architectural and construction: it can also be used in architectural and construction due to its strength, durability, and resistance to corrosion.
Why Is Stainless Steel Wire Better Than Steel?
Stainless steel wire is often considered better than regular steel wire due to its unique combination of properties, which include:
- Corrosion resistance: Stainless steel wire has excellent corrosion resistance, making it well-suited for use in harsh environments such as marine, chemical, or medical applications. This resistance is due to the presence of chromium in the stainless steel, which forms a passive, self-healing oxide layer that protects the material from corrosion.
- Strength: Stainless steel wire is generally stronger than regular steel wire due to the alloying elements, such as chromium and nickel, which enhance its mechanical properties.
- Aesthetic appearance: Stainless steel wire has a bright, shiny appearance that does not tarnish, making it a popular choice for decorative and ornamental applications.
- Hygienic properties: Stainless steel wire is easy to clean and sterilize, making it a popular choice in the food processing and medical industries.
- Longevity: Stainless steel wire has a longer lifespan than regular steel wire due to its resistance to corrosion and wear and tear.
Is 316 Stainless Steel Magnetic?
In general, 316 stainless steel is considered to be non-magnetic, but the degree of magnetism can vary depending on the specific alloy and the manufacturing process used.
The primary reason that 316 stainless steel is non-magnetic is due to the addition of molybdenum, which helps to reduce the magnetic properties of the material. However, other factors can also influence the magnetism of the material, such as the level of cold working and the amount of nickel in the alloy.
What Is Stainless Steel Wire Drawing?
Here are the basic steps involved in stainless steel wire drawing:
- Annealing: The first step is to anneal the stainless steel wire to make it more malleable and easier to work with.
- Drawing: The wire is then passed through a series of progressively smaller dies, or drawing dies, which pull the wire through and reduce its diameter. This process is typically repeated several times, with the wire being passed through progressively smaller dies until it reaches the desired diameter.
- Cleaning and Finishing: After the wire has been drawn to the desired diameter, it is cleaned and finished using a variety of processes, such as polishing, pickling, or coating.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, FeCrAl, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘What You Need To Know About: Stainless Steel Wires’ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.