Nickel Wire 200
The Crazy Wire Company are well known as suppliers of top quality Nickel wire 200. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our high specification woven mesh products. Our brilliant staff are experts in producing our spools of round wire on our 6 rapid action winding machines. All spools are produced to carry a little extra length to make up for any waste when handling the product.
wire 200, with a diameter of 0.32mm (28 AWG) and composed of 99.6% pure nickel, presents a multitude of applications across various industries due to its commendable conductivity, malleability, and resistance to corrosion. Due to its reliable electrical conductivity, hard nickel wire is commonly used in electrical applications, such as battery production, which relies heavily on constant electron flow, as well as various electronic components such as resistors and transducers. Also, nickel wire 200 is a great choice for temperature control devices, as it has a high melting point and substantial resistance to oxidation, which make it durable and long-lasting in environments with high temperatures.
In addition, nickel wire is often used in heating elements of electrical appliances such as ovens, toasters, and industrial heaters due to its ability to withstand high temperatures. It creates electrical pathways consistently and reliably within the field of electroplating. Nickel wire 200 is an ideal material for jewelry making due to its malleability, tarnish resistance, and resilience. To construct durable and stable laboratory equipment, its resistance to corrosive environments is used. As a flexible solution to multiple challenges, nickel wire 200 serves various industries ranging from electronics to scientific research through its multifaceted applications, highlighting its indispensable role in enabling and enhancing a variety of modern technologies and applications.
Key product details:
- Diameter – 0.32mm (320 Micron – 28 AWG)
- Ohms/m – 1.19
- Ni+Co – Max 99.6% / Min 99.0%
Fe – 0.4%
C – 0.15%
Mn – 0.35%
Si – 0.35%
Cu – 0.25%
S – 0.01%Density – 8.89 g/cm3
Melting Point – 1435 – 1446 oC
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
We also offer stainless steel in ribbon and flat wire options.
The choice is virtually endless!
FAQs About This Wire
Is Nickel Wire 200 Suitable For Use In Battery Production?
In battery production, Nickel Wire 200 is suitable due to its excellent corrosion resistance and high electrical conductivity, especially in alkaline environments. Because nickel conducts electricity efficiently, it is an excellent material for making battery connectors and terminals, which ensure stable and consistent energy transfer within batteries. Additionally, its stability, resistance to oxidation, and durability in various environmental conditions enhance battery reliability and lifespan, especially with high-drain and rechargeable batteries. Creating pathways for electrons to flow will improve the battery’s electrical connectivity, as the wire will provide pathways for electrons to flow. Due to nickel wire 200’s resistance to corrosion, it can also function reliably within the harsh chemical environments typically found within batteries, ensuring consistent performance and structural integrity over time.
What Precautions Should Be Taken When Working With Nickel Wire 200?
- Skin and Eye Protection: Ensure to wear suitable protective gear like gloves and safety goggles to prevent any possible skin irritation and shield eyes, as nickel can sometimes be irritating to the skin and eyes for certain individuals.
- Ventilation: Ensure adequate ventilation in the working environment to prevent any buildup of any potentially harmful fumes, especially during processes like soldering or welding.
- Handling: Handle the wire with care and ensure it’s appropriately stored, considering its malleability, to prevent unintentional bending or breaking.
- Cutting and Shaping: Utilise appropriate tools for cutting and shaping the wire to prevent injuries and ensure precise and secure installations.
- Allergies and Sensitivities: Be aware of any nickel sensitivities or allergies among those handling the wire, and ensure suitable alternatives or additional protective measures are in place.
- Electrical Safety: When using nickel wire 200 in electrical applications, ensure all electrical safety protocols, such as disconnecting power when working with electrical components, are followed.
- Storage: Store nickel wire 200 in a cool, dry place, adequately labelled, and keep away from incompatible materials to maintain its quality and avoid accidental misuse.
- Disposal: Ensure that any off-cuts or waste is disposed of in accordance with local regulations, considering recycling options where applicable.
- Training: Ensure all personnel working with nickel wire 200 are adequately trained in its handling, usage, and safety precautions to minimise the risk of accidents.
- Compliance: Ensure all uses of nickel wire 200 comply with regional and industry-specific safety standards and regulations.
What Is The Composition Of Nickel Wire 200?
Nickel Wire 200 is composed of a minimum of 99.6% nickel, making it one of the purest forms of nickel available in wire format. This high nickel content grants the wire several desirable attributes like excellent electrical conductivity, high corrosion resistance, and a stable performance under a variety of environmental conditions. Nickel 200 is renowned for its resistance to caustic solutions, various acids, and gasses, ensuring a durable and reliable performance in diverse applications, including those within corrosive environments. This wire, being commercially pure, tends to exhibit excellent mechanical properties and is known for its relatively low electrical resistivity.
Moreover, it is often employed in scenarios where purity is paramount, such as in food processing, synthetic fiber production, and other areas where contamination needs to be rigorously avoided. This composition, with its high nickel content, not only guarantees its functionality in a broad spectrum of uses but also positions it as a superior choice in applications where material integrity, resistance to corrosive elements, and high conductivity are requisite.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, FeCrAl, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘What You Need To Know About: Stainless Steel Wires’ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.