Stainless Steel Round Wire
The Crazy Wire Company are long established as Europe’s preferred suppliers of top quality stainless steel round wire. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our marine grade woven mesh products.
Round stainless steel wire with a diameter of 0.16mm and a designation of 34AWG is made of Grade 304 stainless steel. As a result of its excellent corrosion resistance, grade 304 ensures durability and longevity. For applications that require good strength and resistance to oxidation, this stainless steel round wire is the perfect choice. Precision is ensured by its 0.16mm diameter, making it ideal for intricate projects requiring minute details. With a 34AWG size, it is thin, but retains the inherent toughness of stainless steel. Inenvironmental factors, this wire resistant to tarnishing and rust. There are a variety of applications for this stainless steel round wire, from jewelry crafting to wire mesh fabrication to various industrial applications requiring precision and resistance to corrosive environments. Its versatility, coupled with its Grade 304 make-up, makes it a valuable asset for professionals in diverse fields.
We provide a comprehensive range of sizes tailored to meet diverse needs. The wire diameters range from a delicate 0.08mm up to a more robust 0.87mm. These sizes correspond to American Wire Gauge (AWG) standards from 40AWG down to 20AWG. To assist with electrical applications, it’s noteworthy that our wire resistances vary from 252.17 Ωm at the finest size, decreasing to 1.2 Ωm as the wire diameter increases.
Specification of this product:
- Diameter -0.16mm (160 Micron – 34 AWG)
- Ohms/ft – 35.46
These specifications not only testify to the wire’s adaptability but also its capacity to fulfill specific requirements in both craftsmanship and technology. When you choose our stainless steel wire, you’re investing in reliability, precision, and quality. Whether you’re working on intricate designs or establishing firm connections, this product ensures you have the best material at your fingertips.
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
We also offer stainless steel in ribbon and flat wire options.
The choice is virtually endless!
FAQs About This Wire
How Does This Wire Perform in High-Temperature Environments?
Stainless steel round wire made from Grade 304 performs admirably in high-temperature environments. In intermittent service, Grade 304 stainless steel is oxidation resistant to 870°C and in continuous service, to 925°C. It is possible, however, that continuous use at such temperatures could lead to some scaling and a decrease in the material’s tensile strength. While the wire can withstand brief exposures to elevated temperatures, it should not be used in environments where extreme heat is constant.
Can This Wire Be Soldered or Welded?
Certainly, the stainless steel round wire crafted from Grade 304 stainless steel can be both soldered and welded. However, there are specific considerations to keep in mind for each process. When soldering, it’s essential to ensure the wire’s surface is clean and free of any contaminants. Using an appropriate flux can assist in achieving a solid bond. It’s also crucial to select a solder that’s compatible with stainless steel to ensure a strong joint. On the other hand, when welding, Grade 304 stainless steel is generally known for its weldability using most standard techniques. Shielding gases or inert atmospheres are recommended to prevent oxidation during the welding process. Additionally, post-weld annealing may be required to maintain maximum corrosion resistance, especially if the welded section has undergone considerable deformation.
How Does Grade 304 Stainless Steel Round Wire Compare to Grade 316?
Grade 304 and Grade 316 are two of the most common and widely used stainless steel grades, and both have distinct properties that make them suitable for different applications. Here’s a comparative breakdown when discussing stainless steel round wire made from these grades:
- Grade 304 typically contains 18% chromium and 8% nickel, often referred to as 18/8 stainless steel.
- Grade 316 has a similar composition to 304 but also contains molybdenum, generally about 2-3%. This addition enhances the corrosion resistance, especially against chlorides.
- Corrosion Resistance:
- Grade 304 provides excellent resistance to a wide range of environments and is effective in resisting corrosion in most general use cases.
- Grade 316, because of its molybdenum content, offers superior resistance to corrosive environments, especially those with high chloride concentrations, such as marine or coastal settings.
- Grade 304 is usually more cost-effective due to its widespread use and general-purpose nature.
- Grade 316 tends to be more expensive, primarily because of its enhanced corrosion resistance and the added cost of molybdenum.
- Grade 304 is commonly used in kitchen equipment, architectural paneling, and piping.
- Grade 316 is preferred in marine environments, chemical processing equipment, and situations with high exposure to saline solutions or where higher resistance to pitting is necessary.
- Both grades are generally considered to have good weldability. However, Grade 304 is often easier to work with, while Grade 316 might require post-weld annealing to retain its maximum corrosion resistance.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, FeCrAl, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘What You Need To Know About: Stainless Steel Wires’ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.