42 AWG Stainless Steel Wire
The Crazy Wire Company are long established as Europe’s preferred suppliers of top quality stainless steel 42 AWG SS316L wire. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our marine grade woven mesh products.
The 42SS316L marine grade stainless steel wire stands out due to its superior quality, combining finesse, strength, and exemplary corrosion it applicable in a myriad of industries and uses. Due to its delicate diameter of 0.06mm, the wire is ideally suited to various intricate applications. Applications such as the manufacture of miniature transformers and inductors, where precise coiling and electrical stability are essential. As a marine-grade wire, it is robustly resistant to corrosion. This makes it ideal for maritime and coastal applications such as ships, underwater cables, and environments exposed to salt air, which ensures longevity and consistent performance over time.
In particular, its biocompatibility and resistance to degradation make it ideal for creating precision medical devices, such as stents and guidewires. In electronics, 42 awg wire is essential for fine wirewound resistors and intricate electronic devices that require reliable electrical conductivity and a high degree of fidelity. Additionally, it maintains performance and safety even under high-temperature conditions due to its resistance to thermal stresses. This diverse range of applications validate the SS316L wire’s versatility and reliability as a multifaceted material that offers precision, durability, and corrosion resistance.
Specification of Wire:
- Diameter -0.06mm (60 Micron – 42 AWG)
- Ohms/ft – 262.26
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
The choice is virtually endless!
FAQs About This Wire
What Are The Environmental Impacts Of Producing 42 AWG SS316L Wire?
There are several environmental considerations involved in the production of 42 AWG SS316L stainless steel wire. Starting with the extraction of raw materials, such as iron, chromium, and nickel, mining activities can disrupt habitats and pollute water and soil. Smelting and alloying stainless steel involve significant energy consumption, which can contribute to greenhouse gas emissions, particularly if non-renewable energy is used. Additionally, the manufacturing process, which involves drawing the steel into the thin 42 AWG wire, requires energy and may produce waste products.
Carbon emissions are also increased by the transportation of wire from the manufacturing plant to various points of sale or use. In spite of this, stainless steel is highly recyclable, and is capable of maintaining its quality through many recycling processes. By reducing the need for new raw materials and associated production processes, this factor reduces the environmental impact. Additionally, adopting sustainable practices, such as utilizing renewable energy sources for production activities and optimising manufacturing processes to reduce waste and energy use, can greatly reduce the environmental impact associated with the production of 42 AWG SS316L wire. Manufacturers should navigate these impacts through responsible practices and consumers should consider the sustainability efforts of manufacturers when purchasing.
What Tools Are Recommended For Cutting And Handling SS316L 42 AWG Wire?
Handling and cutting SS316L 42 AWG wire, given its fine diameter and specific properties, necessitate utilizing precise and reliable tools to ensure integrity and functionality. For cutting the wire, micro-shear flush cutters are commonly recommended due to their ability to deliver a clean, nearly flush cut without harming the wire or creating potentially damaging sharp edges. Given the wire’s delicate nature, using precision needle-nose pliers can be vital for manipulating and bending it without causing unwanted kinks or breaks. For applications requiring coiling or wrapping of the wire, using coiling jigs or mandrels with an appropriate diameter will help maintain consistent and accurate coils.
When working with such fine wire in applications that demand exactitude, like in electronic components manufacturing, utilizing fine-tipped tweezers for placing and adjusting the wire is advisable to maintain precision without inadvertently damaging the wire or the component. Furthermore, when storing or managing lengths of 42 AWG wire, spool tamers or wire dispensers are suggested to prevent unnecessary tangles or deformations, maintaining the wire’s straightness and usability. Additionally, protective eyewear and gloves are recommended when cutting and handling wire to protect against potential injury. A wire straightener tool may also be deployed to ensure the straightness of the wire, especially when preparing it for applications that demand strict linearity. Ultimately, employing tools that cater to the fineness and specific attributes of SS316L 42 AWG wire will facilitate ease of handling, precision in application, and longevity of the product.
What Are Some Common Issues Or Challenges When Working With SS316L 42 AWG Wire?
- Handling Difficulties: Given its thin diameter, the SS316L 42 AWG wire can be challenging to manage without causing unintentional bends or kinks.
- Tangling Issues: The delicate nature of 42 AWG wire means it can easily become tangled during usage or storage, necessitating meticulous handling and management.
- Cutting Challenges: Ensuring clean, precise cuts without causing fraying or damage to the wire can be tricky due to its fine gauge.
- Connection Difficulties: Creating stable, reliable connections (such as soldering or welding) without compromising the wire’s integrity or performance can pose challenges due to its slender profile.
- Measurement Precision: Ensuring accurate measurement and cutting for specific applications without wastage might require specialised tools and attention to detail.
- Thermal Sensitivity: Despite its heat resistance, managing the wire’s performance and stability under varying thermal conditions, especially in high-temperature applications, can be challenging.
- Wear and Tear: Given its size, 42 AWG wire may be more prone to wear and breakage over time or under stressful conditions, necessitating careful installation and usage.
- Visibility Issues: Its thin profile might make it difficult to see and handle accurately, especially in low-light conditions or intricate workspaces.
- Storage Complications: Ensuring the wire remains straight, untangled, and undamaged during storage may require specific spooling devices or storage solutions.
- Safety Concerns: Protecting the user from potential injuries (like small cuts or eye injuries) during cutting and installation requires attentive safety practices and protective gear.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, FeCrAl, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘What You Need To Know About: Stainless Steel Wires’ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.