0.71mm Galvanized Steel Wire
The Crazy Wire Company offers a range of multi-purpose galvanized wire spools from our factory in Warrington, UK. Our delightful staff are experts in producing spools of round wire on our 6 rapid action winding machines. All spools carry a little extra length to make up for any waste when handling the product.
Hot dipped galvanised steel is resistant to corrosion and long-lasting even in harsh environments. Therefore, it is great for all DIY projects and is easy to use as it’s flexible and you can shape it to the required form.
0.71mm galvanized steel wire is a type of wire made from steel that has been coated with a layer of zinc to protect it from corrosion. The coating is applied through a process called galvanization, in which the steel is immersed in a bath of molten zinc. The thickness of the coating is measured in micrometres (µm), and 0.71mm is equivalent to 710 micrometres. The wire is typically used in construction, fencing and other applications where corrosion resistance is important. It is stronger and thicker than 0.36mm wire. It can be used for applications that require more strength like heavy duty construction or industrial use.
- Metal – Hot dipped Galvanised Steel
- Colour – Silver
- Grade – 4118H
- Wire Thickness – 0.71mm
- Spool Size – 367g (0.80kg)
We also offer more of this Galvanized wire too if required.
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
FAQs About This Wire
Galvanized Steel Wire Uses?
Galvanized steel wire is coated with a layer of zinc, which protects the steel from rust and corrosion. However, if the galvanized coating is damaged or worn away, the steel underneath may begin to rust.
0.71mm galvanized steel wire has several uses, including:
- Construction: The wire is used in the construction industry as reinforcement for concrete structures, such as bridges and buildings.
- Fencing: The wire is used to create sturdy and durable fences for homes, farms, and industrial sites.
- Cable Armoring: The wire is used as armor for electrical cables and communication cables to protect them from mechanical damage.
- Guy wires: The wire is used to support telephone poles and other tall structures by providing tension to hold them upright.
- Industrial uses: The wire is used in various industrial applications, such as the manufacture of wire mesh, wire baskets, and other wire products.
- Gardening: The wire is used for making trellis for plants, wire cages for animal and bird feeders, etc.
- Arts and craft: The wire is used for making jewelry and other decorative items.
- Agriculture: The wire is used for making nets, fences and other support structures in agriculture.
These are some of the common uses of 0.71mm galvanized steel wire, but it has many other potential uses depending on the needs of the specific application.
Can Galvanized Steel Wire Be Painted Or Colored?
The galvanized steel wire can be painted or colored, but it requires special preparations to ensure that the paint adheres well. Zinc coatings, while excellent for corrosion resistance, can pose difficulties when painting directly over them. Cleaning the wire with mild detergent or degreaser will remove debris and grease.
Sand the surface lightly with fine-grit sandpaper to create a texture that will allow the paint to adhere, being careful not to remove the protective zinc layer. Primer designed for galvanized metal is essential for improved paint adhesion and a uniform finish.
After the primer has dried, you can apply your chosen paint, preferably an acrylic latex or one designed for metal surfaces.
Give the paint plenty of time to dry and cure according to the manufacturer’s instructions. In spite of the fact that painting enhances the wire’s aesthetics, it might require ongoing maintenance, especially if the wire is exposed to harsh environments.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, fecral, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘Everything That You Need To Know About Wire‘ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.