Galvanised Steel Wire
The Crazy Wire Company offers a range of multi-purpose galvanized wire spools from our factory in Warrington, UK. Our delightful staff are experts in producing spools of round wire on our 6 rapid action winding machines. All spools carry a little extra length to make up for any waste when handling the product.
Galvanised steel wire, in a 0.36mm (27 AWG) 343g spool, offers a blend of durability and versatility. Because it has a zinc coating, it has excellent corrosion resistance, making it suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. In addition to construction, fencing, crafting, agriculture, and automotive applications, this fine but strong wire is also used in marine applications. Spools weighing 343g are easy to handle and store, making them ideal for both DIY and professional projects. As a result of its high level of resilience to extreme conditions and low maintenance need, it makes a cost-effective choice for projects that will last a long time. With its practicality and performance, this wire is a great choice for structural support or general utility applications.
- Metal – Hot dipped Galvanised Steel
- Colour – Silver
- Grade – 4118H
- Wire Thickness – 0.36mm
- Spool Size – 343g (0.343kg)
We also offer more of this Galvanized wire too if required.
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
FAQs About This Wire
Will Galvanised Steel Wire Rust?
Galvanised steel wire is coated with a layer of zinc, which protects the steel from rust and corrosion. However, if the galvanized coating is damaged or worn away, the steel underneath may begin to rust.
0.36mm galvanized steel wire refers to a wire made of steel that has been coated with a layer of zinc to protect it from rust and corrosion. This wire is quite thin and can be used for a variety of purposes such as binding, tying, or fastening. Commonly used in construction, agriculture, horticulture and other industrial applications. Because of the thickness, it’s easy to bend and shape, which makes it ideal for wire mesh, chain link fence, and other applications requiring flexibility.
Can The Galvanised Steel Wire Be Welded?
Yes, galvanised steel wire can be welded, but there are special considerations to keep in mind. The zinc coating, which provides corrosion resistance, can be problematic during welding. It can produce toxic fumes and can affect the welding process itself. To weld galvanised steel wire effectively:
- Ventilation: Ensure good ventilation or use appropriate fume extraction systems to avoid inhaling zinc fumes.
- Wire Brushing: Remove the zinc coating from the area to be welded with a wire brush. This reduces the amount of zinc entering the weld pool.
- Welding Technique: Use a welding technique suitable for thin materials, as the wire is relatively fine.
- Post-Weld Treatment: After welding, it’s recommended to apply a zinc-rich paint or similar protection to the welded area to restore corrosion resistance.
- Safety Gear: Use appropriate safety gear, including a welding mask and gloves.
It’s essential to have the right skills or consult a professional welder when attempting to weld galvanised steel wire, as improper handling can lead to subpar welds and safety hazards.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, fecral, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘Everything That You Need To Know About Wire‘ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.