FeCrAl Resistance Wire
The Crazy Wire Company are best known and long established as Europe’s preferred suppliers of top quality FeCrAl resistance wire. We have enormous stock levels at all times as we use this wire to weave our mesh products.
Our delightful staff are experts in producing our spools of round wire on our 6 rapid action winding machines in which all spools are produced to carry a little extra length to make up for any waste when handling the product.
We specialise in fulfilling high volumes of smaller wire spools to suit every requirement and budget however our master spools weigh between 1kg and 15kgs, so please contact us if you require a larger quantity – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because we produce our own spools, we are able to offer a wide choice of AWG and lengths and also guarantee the best prices in Europe.
Specification of this Resistance Wire:
- Diameter – 0.45mm (450 Micron – 25 AWG)
- Ohms/ft – 8.93
C = Min – 0% Max – 0.08%
Si = Min – 0% Max – 0.7%
Mn = Min – 0% Max – 0.4%
Cr = Min – 20.5% Max – 23.5%
Al = Nominal Comp – 5.8% – Min – 0% – Max – 0%
Fe = Balance
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
FAQS About This Wire
What Is The Calculation To Work Out The Resistance Of A Wire?
The resistance of a wire can be calculated using Ohm’s law, which states that the resistance of a conductor is directly proportional to its length and inversely proportional to its cross-sectional area. The formula for resistance is:
R = ρ * L / A
- R is the resistance (in ohms)
- ρ is the resistivity of the material (in ohm-meters)
- L is the length of the wire (in meters)
- A is the cross-sectional area of the wire (in square meters)
What Are The Uses For KA1 Resistance Wire?
0.45mm KA1 wire is a type of iron-chromium-aluminium (FeCrAl) alloy wire with a diameter of 0.45mm. It is commonly used as a resistance heating wire in a high-temperature heating element in industrial processes. It is known for its high resistance to oxidation and corrosion and its ability to retain its strength at high temperatures. The resistance of this wire can be calculated using Ohm’s law and the wire’s specific resistivity, which can be found in product specifications.
0.45mm KA1 wire is used for several applications, including:
- Industrial heating elements: In high-temperature heating elements, such as furnace heating elements, in industrial processes.
- Temperature sensors: In high-temperature electrical heating elements, used as resistance wire in temperature sensors.
- Laboratory equipment: In some laboratory equipment, as a heating element for high-temperature experiments.
- High-temperature electrical applications: In high-temperature electrical applications where resistance, stability, and resistance to oxidation are important factors.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, FeCrAl, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about wires’ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.