304 Stainless Steel Wire
The Crazy Wire Company are long established as Europe’s preferred suppliers of top quality 304 stainless steel wire. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our marine grade woven mesh products.
High-quality, versatile, and high-performance 304 stainless steel wire with a diameter of 0.42mm (equivalent to 26AWG) can be used in a wide range of applications. Stainless steel Grade 304 is known for its robustness and corrosion resistance, making it ideal for prolonged use in challenging environments. The 0.42mm thickness provides a balance between strength and flexibility, allowing users to work with it easily while maintaining its structural integrity. Grade 304 wire has excellent welding and forming capabilities, making it suitable for projects that require bending, shaping, or welding. Due to its adaptability and longevity, it is commonly used in sectors like construction, manufacturing, and arts and crafts. As well as its mechanical properties, the 304 stainless steel wire offers aesthetic qualities, with a lustrous finish that complements its surroundings, regardless of whether it is used decoratively or functionally. Furthermore, despite being exposed to moisture, it maintains its appearance over time due to its resistance to tarnishing.
Jewelry making, crafting, wire forming, and other industries that benefit from the use of industrial grade stainless components can all be accomplished with this wire. The 304 stainless steel wire is a perfect choice if you’re looking for a corrosion-resistant wire that’s precision-minded. As a result of its versatility, it can be used effectively in a range of tasks and environments.
We provide a comprehensive range of sizes tailored to meet diverse needs. The wire diameters range from a delicate 0.08mm up to a more robust 0.87mm. These sizes correspond to American Wire Gauge (AWG) standards from 40AWG down to 20AWG. To assist with electrical applications, it’s noteworthy that our wire resistances vary from 252.17 Ωm at the finest size, decreasing to 1.2 Ωm as the wire diameter increases.
Specification of this product:
- Diameter -0.42mm (420 Micron – 26 AWG)
- Ohms/ft – 5.15
These specifications not only testify to the wire’s adaptability but also its capacity to fulfill specific requirements in both craftsmanship and technology. When you choose our stainless steel wire, you’re investing in reliability, precision, and quality. Whether you’re working on intricate designs or establishing firm connections, this product ensures you have the best material at your fingertips.
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
We also offer stainless steel in ribbon and flat wire options.
The choice is virtually endless!
FAQs About This Wire
Is the 304 Stainless Steel Wire Corrosion-Resistant?
Yes, the 304 stainless steel wire is corrosion-resistant. In addition to its corrosion resistance, it is one of the most widely used stainless steel grades. Iron, chromium, nickel, and other elements make up its composition, providing a natural shield against oxidation. Due to its inherent resistance to rust and tarnishing, it is especially useful for applications exposed to moisture or corrosive environments. Although the material offers substantial resistance to a variety of corrosives, it’s important to note that it is susceptible to pitting or crevice corrosion in extremely saline environments or when exposed to certain chemicals. A higher grade like 316 might be more suitable for highly saline or chloride-rich environments. Nevertheless, 304 stainless steel wire will serve most general applications well and maintain its appearance and structural integrity over time.
Can 304 Stainless Steel Wire Be Recycled?
Yes, 304 stainless steel wire can be recycled. Stainless steel, in general, is a highly recyclable material. One of the advantages of stainless steel is its ability to be recycled multiple times without losing its quality or strength. When 304 stainless steel wire reaches the end of its useful life or if there are leftover scraps from a project, it can be collected and returned to production facilities. At these facilities, the material is melted down and reprocessed to produce new stainless steel products. The recycling process of 304 stainless steel wire not only conserves raw material resources but also consumes less energy compared to producing stainless steel from new raw materials. As a result, recycling 304 stainless steel wire contributes to sustainability efforts and reduces the environmental footprint associated with steel production.
Can 304 Stainless Steel Wire Be Painted or Coated?
Yes, 304 stainless steel wire can be painted or coated, but there are specific steps and considerations to ensure the best adhesion and longevity of the finish.
- Surface Preparation: Before painting, it’s crucial to prepare the surface of the stainless steel. This usually involves cleaning the wire thoroughly to remove any oils, dirt, or contaminants. Using a mild detergent or a specific metal cleaner will be effective.
- Abrasion: Stainless steel has a smooth surface, which can make it challenging for paint to adhere properly. Lightly sanding or abrading the surface with fine-grit sandpaper can help create a better surface for paint adhesion.
- Primer: Use a high-quality primer designed for metal surfaces, especially stainless steel. Priming ensures better paint adhesion and provides a protective layer between the stainless steel and the paint.
- Paint: Once primed, you can apply paint suitable for metal surfaces. It’s recommended to use acrylic or epoxy-based paint for better durability and finish. Ensure you follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding drying times and number of coats.
- Protective Coating: If the wire will be exposed to harsh environments or heavy wear and tear, consider applying a clear protective sealant or coating over the painted surface to prolong the life of the paint.
- Environment: Ensure that painting is done in a well-ventilated area, and always follow safety guidelines, especially if using aerosol-based primers or paints.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, FeCrAl, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘What You Need To Know About: Stainless Steel Wires’ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.