Nickel 200 Resistance Wire
The Crazy Wire Company are well known as suppliers of top quality Nickel 200 resistance wire. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our high specification woven mesh products. Our brilliant staff are experts in producing our spools of round wire on our 6 rapid action winding machines. All spools are produced to carry a little extra length to make up for any waste when handling the product.
The nickel 200 wire, with a specification of 0.3mm or 29 AWG, and an impressive 99.6% pure nickel composition, is renowned for its formidable corrosion resistance and high thermal and electricaloffering a myriad of applications across various industries. Because of its excellent electrical conductivity and steadfast resistance to corrosive environments, nickel 200 wire is an excellent choice for manufacturing electronic components and leads in the electronic industry. This ensures longevity and reliability. This material is used in the aerospace industry to create aerospace components that require materials that are both durable and corrosion-resistant. Food-handling equipment is made from it, further enhancing its non-reactive and safe properties when in contact with edible materials.
It is also heavily used in the construction of industrial machinery and equipment due to its stability at high temperatures. It retains its form even in the most demanding environments. In addition, its superior corrosion resistance makes it ideal for use in equipment exposed to harsh and corrosive chemicals in the chemical processing industry. In addition, the wire finds use in the manufacture of medical devices due to its safe, non-reactive, and sterile properties, ensuring patient safety and device efficacy. Therefore, nickel 200 wire stands out as an exceptionally versatile, reliable, and efficient material across a wide range of industries, demonstrating its high purity, corrosion resistance, and excellent conductive properties. It makes it a valuable resource for a number of applications that require durability, resistance, and conductive properties.
Key product details:
- Diameter – 0.3mm (300 Micron – 29 AWG)
- Ohms/m – 1.36
- Ni+Co – Max 99.6% / Min 99.0%
Fe – 0.4%
C – 0.15%
Mn – 0.35%
Si – 0.35%
Cu – 0.25%
S – 0.01%Density – 8.89 g/cm3
Melting Point – 1435 – 1446 oC
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
We also offer stainless steel in ribbon and flat wire options.
The choice is virtually endless!
FAQs About This Wire
How Can Nickel 200 Wire Be Safely Disposed Of After Use?
Safe disposal of nickel 200 wire post-use is crucial to adhere to environmental guidelines and to mitigate potential harmful impacts. Generally, nickel 200 wire can be recycled, due to its high nickel content, thus it’s advisable to collect and segregate used wire for recycling rather than dispose of it as general waste.
- Collection: Accumulate used nickel 200 wire separately, ensuring it does not mix with general waste.
- Storage: Store it in designated, labeled bins or containers. It is crucial to ensure these storage units are placed in areas free from environmental extremes to preserve the wire’s integrity until recycling.
- Contact Recycling Facility: Reach out to a local metal recycling facility or a specialised nickel recycling agency. Ensure they accept nickel 200 and discuss the possibility of arranging for a pickup or delivering the collected material.
- Transportation: If dealing with a substantial quantity, consider secure transportation means to prevent any spillage. Adhere to any local or federal guidelines pertaining to the transport of recyclable materials.
- Environmental Safety: In cases where recycling is not an option and disposal is necessary, connect with your local waste management authority. They will guide you on how to safely dispose of nickel 200 wire in compliance with local environmental regulations.
- Safety Precautions: Throughout collection, storage, and transportation, utilise personal protective equipment (PPE) like gloves to safeguard against potential risks that handling metal wire could pose.
- Documentation: Ensure to document the disposal or recycling process in compliance with organisational and/or regulatory record-keeping requirements.
- Promoting Sustainable Practices: If possible, inform and encourage end-users or clients to participate in the safe disposal and recycling of nickel 200 wire, cultivating a chain of environmentally responsible handling.
Is Nickel 200 Wire Suitable For Use In The Food Industry?
Nickel 200 wire is widely regarded as suitable and advantageous for use in the food industry. This is primarily because of its commendable corrosion resistance. This is especially true when it comes to food particles. Due to the high nickel content (99.6%), it does not easily oxidise or degrade when exposed to the many substances used in food manufacturing. In direct contact with consumables, its non-reactive properties ensure that no unwanted chemical interactions compromise the quality and safety of foods.
In addition, nickel 200 wire is able to withstand the rigorous, highly hygienic cleaning processes used in food handling and processing applications, in which potent detergents and hot water are used. Its malleability and ductility allow it to be fashioned into a variety of forms and structures. It allows it to be used across a variety of food manufacturing machinery and equipment. Nickel 200 wire contributes to the robustness, longevity, and safety of food processing operations through these properties. When handling and producing food and beverages, always adhere to regional and international food safety standards.
Can Nickel 200 Wire Be Used In High-Temperature Applications?
Absolutely, nickel 200 wire is celebrated for its ability to maintain integrity and stability in high-temperature applications. Possessing a high melting point and excellent thermal conductivity, it becomes an admirable choice for various industries requiring materials that can reliably perform under elevated temperatures. The notable heat resistance of nickel 200 wire makes it apt for use in manufacturing processes and equipment that are subject to high-heat conditions, such as in furnaces, heat treatment equipment, and other industrial applications where heat stability is paramount. This wire maintains its mechanical properties quite well at elevated temperatures, ensuring that the physical properties, like tensile strength and elongation, are not drastically affected during high-temperature exposure, making it reliable in conditions where other materials might fail or degrade.
Furthermore, nickel 200 wire showcases resistance to scaling and maintains its strength in high-temperature scenarios without succumbing to early onset wear and tear. Thus, its usability in high-temperature environments is not merely possible but comes with an array of benefits including longevity, reliability, and efficiency in maintaining optimal performance amidst thermally demanding applications, making it a preferred choice for industries and applications where high thermal stability is requisite. Always ensure that specific application temperatures are within the recommended operational range for nickel 200 wire to ensure safety and longevity in its application.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, FeCrAl, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘What You Need To Know About: Stainless Steel Wires’ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.