Nickel 200 Welding Wire
The Crazy Wire Company are well known as suppliers of top quality Nickel 200 welding wire. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our high specification woven mesh products. Our brilliant staff are experts in producing our spools of round wire on our 6 rapid action winding machines. All spools are produced to carry a little extra length to make up for any waste when handling the product.
The nickel 200 welding wire, specifically designed at a precise 0.08mm (40 AWG) diameter, offers a distinctive combination of features tailored for a multitude of applications across various industries, asserting its relevance and importance in precise welding and manufacturing processes. This welding wire is made up of 99.6% pure nickel, not only offering excellent electrical conductivity, but also impressive resistance to corrosion, thereby promising enhanced longevity. Because of its soft nickel composition, its malleability and ductility make it ideal for applications requiring meticulous welding, such as electronics, automotive, and aerospace.
Furthermore, nickel 200 welding wire stands out in situations where thermal and electrical conductivity are balanced with corrosion resistance, such as battery connectors, heat exchangers, and electronic components. The consistency of its welds makes it suitable for forming sensors and apparatus in process industries, and its resistance to various mineral acids further extends its use in chemical processing environments. Thus, whether it’s used in complex electrical assemblies, in the manufacture and repair of heat-sensitive instruments, or in crafting durable connections in high corrosion contexts, this nickel wire stands out as a materially efficient and operationally versatile choice, subtly bridging the gap between robust performance and nuanced application in welding-centric manufacturing endeavors.
Key product details:
- Diameter – 0.08mm (80 Micron – 40 AWG)
- Ohms/m – 19.1
- Technical Specification:
- Ni+Co – Max 99.6% / Min 99.0%
Fe – 0.4%
C – 0.15%
Mn – 0.35%
Si – 0.35%
Cu – 0.25%
S – 0.01%
- Density – 8.89 g/cm3
Melting Point – 1435 – 1446 oC
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
We also offer stainless steel in ribbon and flat wire options.
The choice is virtually endless!
FAQs About This Wire
Are There Any Special Storage Requirements For Nickel 200 Welding Wire?
- Store in a Dry, Cool Environment: Prevents potential degradation caused by excessive moisture or high temperatures.
- Corrosion Resistance: Despite its high resistance, keep away from corrosive substances to preserve quality.
- Horizontal Storage: Place wire spools horizontally on racks to avoid contact with the floor and prevent physical damage.
- Prevent Contamination: Ensure the storage area is clean, and free from dust and debris that could contaminate the wire.
- Protection Against Discoloration: Consider using anti-tarnish paper or protective wraps for long-term storage to prevent surface tarnishing.
- Chemical-Free Zone: Ensure no potential chemical reactants are in the storage area to avoid unintended reactions with the wire.
- Mechanical Damage: Store in a manner that protects the wire from potential mechanical damage or stress.
- Manufacturer’s Guidelines: Always adhere to any storage guidelines or requirements specified by the manufacturer or supplier.
- Accessibility: Ensure the wire is stored in a manner where it can be easily accessed and utilised without causing tangling or damage.
- Inventory Management: Maintain a systematic storage system to efficiently manage inventory levels and ensure the oldest stock is used first.
Following these bullet points for the storage of nickel 200 welding wire will ensure its longevity, maintaining its optimal quality and performance across various welding applications.
Is Nickel 200 Welding Wire Reusable And Recyclable?
Nickel 200 welding wire is not typically reusable in the conventional sense once it has been utilised in a welding application, as the wire becomes a part of the welded joint and undergoes metallurgical changes during the process. Reusing welding wire in another welding application is generally not recommended due to concerns about structural integrity, consistency, and reliability.
However, nickel, as a material, is highly recyclable. When nickel 200 welding wire offcuts or remnants from manufacturing processes are available, they can be collected and recycled. Nickel scrap can be re-melted and utilised to produce new nickel alloys, contributing to sustainable practices in manufacturing. Given its high value and the energy-intensive nature of nickel mining, recycling nickel not only is financially prudent but also aligns with ecological responsibilities by reducing the demand for freshly mined resources and minimising the environmental footprint of nickel production. Therefore, any excess, waste, or scrap nickel 200 welding wire can and should be collected for recycling where possible, facilitating the efficient use of resources and supporting sustainability in manufacturing and production endeavors. Ensure to adhere to any relevant regulations and guidelines related to scrap metal handling and recycling in your locality or industry.
Will Nickel 200 Welding Wire Resist Acids or Alkalis?
Nickel 200 welding wire is notably recognised for its commendable resistance to a variety of corrosive environments, including certain acids and alkalis, owing to its high nickel content of 99.6%. When nickel 200 will be exposed to harsh chemical environments, such as manufacturing processes involving acid or alkaline solutions, it is a preferred option due to its inherent corrosion resistance. A variety of reducing acids, including sulfuric and hydrochloric acids, can corrosion this alloy under reducing conditions. Salt solutions in neutral and alkaline pH ranges are also resistant to it.
Alkaline solutions can affect its performance, even though it is resistant to some alkalis. It is less resistant to oxidising acid conditions, such as those involving nitric acid. Despite nickel 200 welding wire’s corrosion resistance, it’s important to assess the chemical environment in which it will be used. For a specific application, concentration, temperature, and the presence of other ions should all be taken into account to ensure optimal performance and longevity. It is prudent to consult material compatibility charts or specialists when selecting materials for use in corrosive environments.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, FeCrAl, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘What You Need To Know About: Stainless Steel Wires’ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.