Round Wire SS316
The Crazy Wire Company are long established as Europe’s preferred suppliers of top quality round wire SS316. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our marine grade woven mesh products.
The Round Wire SS316 is a versatile and durable product, made from marine-grade stainless steel. With its corrosion resistance and strength, this 0.35mm (27 AWG) wire is an ideal choice for a wide range of applications. This material is especially useful in the construction, automotive, and marine industries, where it withstands harsh conditions and saltwater corrosion. In the jewelry making and electronic industries, its fine diameter is perfect for precision tasks. Aside from this, its biocompatibility makes it suitable for home DIY projects, outdoor structures, and even medical equipment. The Round Wire SS316 is an excellent material for professionals and hobbyists in a variety of fields because of its adaptability and reliability.
The details of this product are as follows:
- Diameter – 0.35mm (350 Micron – 27AWG)
- Ohms/ft – 8.01
- Iron (Fe): 66.5% to 74%
- Chromium (Cr): 16% to 18%
- Nickel (Ni): 10% to 14%
- Molybdenum (Mo): 2% to 3%
- Manganese (Mn): 2% max
- Silicon (Si): 1% max
- Carbon (C): 0.08% max
- Sulfur (S): 0.03% max
- Phosphorus (P): 0.045% max
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
We also offer stainless steel in ribbon and flat wire options.
The choice is virtually endless!
FAQs About This Wire
Is 316 Stainless Wire Conductive?
Yes, 316 stainless steel wire is conductive. Stainless steel is an alloy that contains iron, which makes it a good conductor of electricity. 316 stainless steel, in particular, contains around 18% chromium and 10% nickel, which improves its electrical conductivity compared to other grades of stainless steel.
It is important to note that the conductivity of 316 stainless steel wire will be affected by factors such as temperature, and the presence of other elements in the alloy. Additionally, the conductivity of 316 stainless steel wire will be less than that of pure metals such as copper or aluminium. However, it is still considered a good conductor of electricity, and is often used in electrical applications where corrosion resistance is needed.
What Is The Difference Between 304 & 316 Stainless Wire?
The main differences between 304 and 316 stainless steel wire are in their chemical composition, corrosion resistance, and mechanical properties.
- Chemical composition: 304 stainless steel wire contains a minimum of 18% chromium and 8% nickel, while 316 stainless steel wire contains a minimum of 16% chromium, 10% nickel, and 2% molybdenum. The addition of molybdenum in 316 stainless steel provides better corrosion resistance, particularly in marine environments or other harsh conditions.
- Corrosion resistance: While both 304 and 316 stainless steel wire are corrosion-resistant, 316 stainless steel wire is generally more resistant to corrosion than 304 stainless steel wire. This is due to the higher percentage of molybdenum in 316 stainless steel, which provides better protection against pitting and crevice corrosion.
- Mechanical properties: 316 stainless steel wire has higher mechanical properties than 304 stainless steel wire, particularly in terms of tensile strength and yield strength. This is due to the addition of molybdenum and other elements in 316 stainless steel, which enhance the material’s mechanical properties.
Is Stainless Steel Wire Good For Cutting Foam?
Stainless steel wire is not typically used for cutting foam because it is not an ideal material for this application. While stainless steel wire is strong and durable, it is not particularly well-suited for cutting through soft or flexible materials like foam.
For cutting foam, it is typically better to use a specialised cutting tool such as a hot wire cutter, a foam saw, or a foam knife. These tools are specifically designed for cutting through foam and other similar materials and can provide clean, precise cuts without damaging the foam or creating rough edges.
If stainless steel wire must be used for cutting foam, it is important to select a wire that is thin and flexible, with a diameter appropriate for the thickness of the foam. The wire should also be held taut to prevent it from bending or becoming entangled in the foam. However, other cutting tools are generally more effective and efficient for cutting foam, and are recommended over stainless steel wire.
How Long Can Stainless Steel Wire Last For?
The lifespan of stainless steel wire can vary depending on a range of factors, such as the grade of stainless steel, the environment in which it is used, and the level of wear and tear it experiences. However, in general, stainless steel wire is known for its high durability and long lifespan.
Stainless steel wire is highly resistant to corrosion and wear and tear, which means it can last for many years even in harsh or demanding environments. The exact lifespan of the wire will depend on the specific application and conditions, but it is not uncommon for stainless steel wire to last for decades or even longer.
For example, stainless steel wires used in marine applications or other harsh environments may last for 20 years or more with proper maintenance, while stainless steel wires used in less demanding applications, such as crafting or wire sculpture, may last for many years or even a lifetime.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, FeCrAl, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘What You Need To Know About: Stainless Steel Wires’ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.