Pure Nickel Wire Ni200
The Crazy Wire Company are well known as suppliers of top quality pure nickel wire Ni200. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our high specification woven mesh products. Our brilliant staff are experts in producing our spools of round wire on our 6 rapid action winding machines. All spools are produced to carry a little extra length to make up for any waste when handling the product.
The pure nickel wirespecifically designed with a meticulous diameter of 0.1mm (38 AWG), has secured its place as a pivotal component in various industries, owing to its composition of tempered 99.6% nickel. Inherently, this material offers a wide range of beneficial properties that make it suitable for a variety of applications. In electrical manufacturing, due to its exceptional corrosion resistance, particularly in high-temperature environments, it has naturally become a popular material for heating elements, thermocouples, and resistors. Due to its high melting point and substantial electrical resistivity, the wire provides dependable stability in electrical and heating applications. The impressive thermal and electrical conductivity of this material contributes to the longevity and reliability of batteries.
Ni200 is a pure nickel wire that is used in the manufacturing of sensors and electronic components in the automotive industry. The aerospace sector often uses it to produce elements that are to withstand extreme conditions without compromising performance. The chemical industry also values its anticorrosive properties, particularly in cases involving caustic solutions. Aside from its intrinsic ductility, nickel wire also provides excellent formability, which helps manufacture intricate and precise components. As a result of its robust physical properties and versatile application capabilities, the ni200 nickel wire is confidently substantiating its utility in numerous industrial and technological arenas.
Key product details:
- Diameter – 0.1mm (100 Micron – 38 AWG)
- Ohms/m – 11.98
- Technical Specification:
- Ni+Co – Max 99.6% / Min 99.0%
Fe – 0.4%
C – 0.15%
Mn – 0.35%
Si – 0.35%
Cu – 0.25%
S – 0.01%
- Density – 8.89 g/cm3
Melting Point – 1435 – 1446 oC
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
We also offer stainless steel in ribbon and flat wire options.
The choice is virtually endless!
FAQs About This Wire
What Industries Commonly Use Pure Nickel Wire Ni200?
- Electrical Industry: Leveraged for its high electrical resistivity, it’s utilised in making heating elements, resistors, and thermocouples. Additionally, it’s used in various electronic components due to its stable performance under elevated temperatures.
- Battery Manufacturing: Given its commendable electrical and thermal conductivity, it’s employed in battery production, contributing to enhancing the reliability and longevity of batteries by ensuring stable current flow and minimal energy loss.
- Automotive Industry: Within automotive manufacturing, pure nickel wire ni200 is instrumental in producing sensors and several electronic components which demand high thermal stability and effective electrical insulation to ensure optimal vehicle performance.
- Aerospace Industry: The aerospace sector uses it for manufacturing components that need to endure extreme conditions, like high temperatures and corrosive environments, without compromising performance, ensuring safety and reliability in aerospace technologies.
- Chemical Industry: Owing to its anti-corrosive properties, it is widely used in processes and equipment that encounter caustic and corrosive chemicals, providing durability and maintaining integrity in challenging chemical environments.
- Electronics Manufacturing: Leveraging its ductility and electrical properties, it is used in crafting intricate components and connectors that require precise conduction pathways and resistance to environmental variables.
- Medical Devices: In the healthcare sector, it can be utilized in medical devices and equipment where high corrosion resistance is vital to prevent contamination and ensure consistent performance.
What Is The Melting Point Of Pure Nickel Wire Ni200?
Nickel wire ni200 exhibits a melting point of approximately 1455 degrees Celsius (2651 degrees Fahrenheit). This makes it an excellent metal for high-temperature applications. Due to its elevated melting point, combined with its inherent thermal and electrical properties, it is an excellent choice for industries requiring materials that can maintain structural and functional integrity at high temperatures. With its high melting point, ni200 is used in electronic manufacturing, where it is used in components like heating elements and resistors, as well as aerospace and automotive industries, where it is used to form sensors and electrical components. In spite of the high melting point of ni200, the wire can consistently deliver optimal performance without succumbing to structural failures caused by elevated temperatures. This translates into enhanced reliability and longevity in its applications, making it a preferred choice in steadfast thermal stability scenarios.
How Do I Properly Dispose Of Pure Nickel Wire Ni200?
Proper disposal of pure nickel wire ni200 necessitates adherence to environmental and health guidelines, as incorrect disposal can pose potential risks. Start by consulting the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) associated with the wire, as it provides detailed information regarding handling, storage, and disposal. Given its metallic nature, nickel wire should ideally be recycled rather than disposed of in general waste. Contact local recycling facilities to inquire if they accept pure nickel wire and understand their guidelines for submission.
If recycling is not an option, reach out to hazardous waste disposal experts or facilities, since some jurisdictions consider nickel to be a hazardous waste due to its potential environmental and health impacts. Ensure that any nickel wire scraps, remnants, or used pieces are stored safely, away from incompatible materials, and in a manner that mitigates exposure risks until disposal. Engaging with professional disposal or recycling entities ensures adherence to regulatory compliances and aids in minimising environmental impact, contributing to responsible usage and disposal practices of pure nickel wire ni200.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, FeCrAl, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘What You Need To Know About: Stainless Steel Wires’ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.