Nickel Chrome 90 Resistance Wire
The Crazy Wire Company are well known as suppliers of top quality nickel chrome 90 wire. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our high specification woven mesh products. Our brilliant staff are experts in producing our spools of round wire on our 6 rapid action winding machines. All spools are produced to carry a little extra length to make up for any waste when handling the product.
The 0.64mm (22 AWG) nickel chrome 90 resistance wire is a versatile and durable product that caters to a wide range of applications. Precision-manufactured nickel chrome 90 alloy provides a perfect balance between resistivity and ductility. In addition to resisting electric current efficiently, it is also flexible, which is important when it comes to heating elements. In electronic industries where a stable resistive material is essential, it’s often used to construct resistors and other components.
Furthermore, space heaters, toasters and ovens use it as their preferred fuel. As it can withstand high temperatures without oxidizing rapidly, it is also a popular choice in ceramic kilns. As a result of this wire’s reliable performance, hotspots can be reduced and the device’s lifespan can be increased. Over time, nickel chrome 90 will also reduce maintenance fees and replacement costs. Due to its anticorrosive properties, it is suitable for harsh environments and extends its lifespan. In the market for a flexible and high-performing resistance wire, 0.64mm nickel chrome 90 wire stands out as an excellent option.
Key product details:
- Diameter – 0.64mm (640 Micron – 22 AWG)
- Ohms/m – 2.16
- Technical Specification:
- Ni – Rest
- Cr – 10.0
- Fe – <1.0
- Magnetic Properties – Nonmagnetic
- Electrical resistance is high
- Corrosion resistance is high
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
FAQs About This Wire
Are There Any Known Allergies Or Health Concerns Associated With Nickel Chrome 90?
Nickel is known to cause allergic reactions in some individuals, especially when in prolonged contact with the skin. Common reactions can include skin redness, itching, swelling, or rash, commonly referred to as allergic contact dermatitis. People who have a known nickel sensitivity or allergy may react if the nickel-containing material, like Nickel Chrome 90, is in direct and extended contact with their skin. However, in many applications where Nickel Chrome 90 is used, such as heating elements in appliances or in electronic components, direct skin contact is minimal or nonexistent.
It’s always important for users to be aware of their own sensitivities and to avoid direct, prolonged skin contact if they are known to have a nickel allergy. Moreover, it’s always a good practice to handle any metal with care and to wash hands after handling to prevent potential issues. If someone suspects they may be allergic to nickel or any component of Nickel Chrome 90, they should consult with a healthcare professional or dermatologist for guidance.
How Does Nickel Chrome 90 Handle Continuous Use?
A Nickel Chrome 90 alloy’s durability and resilience have been specifically designed for continuous use. A high melting point and excellent resistance to oxidation make this alloy ideal for applications that require consistent performance at high temperatures. Compared to many other materials, Nickel Chrome 90 retains its structural integrity and resistive properties better when heated and cooled continuously. Furthermore, its anti-corrosive properties ensure longevity even in challenging environments. This quality makes Nickel Chrome 90 the preferred material for industries and applications requiring sustained and reliable performance, such as the production of heating elements and electronic components. All materials will perform differently over time depending on factors including the operating conditions, maintenance, and wire quality. While Nickel Chrome 90 is a durable material, its longevity and performance depends on factors like the operating conditions and maintenance.
Can Nickel Chrome 90 Be Used In Ceramic Kilns?
Yes, Nickel Chrome 90 can be used in ceramic kilns. Its high resistance to oxidation and excellent thermal stability make it a popular choice for heating elements in kilns, especially those that operate at high temperatures. The alloy’s ability to maintain consistent performance, even under the frequent heating and cooling cycles typical of kilns, ensures that the temperature is uniformly distributed throughout the kiln. This is crucial for ceramics as uneven heating can result in defects or uneven firing. Additionally, Nickel Chrome 90’s anti-corrosive properties allow it to withstand the potentially corrosive gases that can be present in some kiln atmospheres.
How Do I Properly Dispose Of Nickel Chrome 90 Wire?
Proper disposal of Nickel Chrome 90 wire is essential to ensure both environmental protection and compliance with local regulations.
- Check Local Regulations: Before disposing of any materials, always check with local waste management authorities or recycling centers about specific regulations and guidelines related to nickel-chrome alloys.
- Recycling: Nickel Chrome 90 wire often contains valuable metals that can be recycled. Many metal recycling centers or scrapyards accept nickel-chrome alloys. Recycling is the most environmentally friendly method of disposal.
- Hazardous Waste Facilities: If recycling is not an option, and if your local authorities classify nickel-chrome as a hazardous waste (due to its metal content), you might need to take it to a designated hazardous waste facility for proper disposal.
- Safe Storage: If you’re accumulating used wire for future disposal or recycling, store it in a designated, dry location away from direct contact with the ground. This prevents potential leaching of metals into the soil.
- Avoid Landfills: Do not dispose of Nickel Chrome 90 wire in regular trash that goes to landfills. The metal can leach into the soil, potentially contaminating groundwater.
- Documentation: If you’re a business, maintain documentation of your disposal or recycling processes. Some jurisdictions may require records of proper waste handling, especially for industrial quantities.
- Stay Informed: Regulations and best practices can change over time. Stay informed by periodically checking with local environmental agencies or waste management organisations.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, fecral, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘Everything That You Need To Know About Wire‘ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.