The Crazy Wire Company are best know as suppliers of top quality NiFe70 wire. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our top quality woven mesh products. Our brilliant staff are experts in producing our spools of round wire on our 6 rapid action winding machines. All spools are produced to carry a little extra length to make up for any waste when handling the product.
NiFe70 nickel wire, measuring 0.5mm (24 AWG) in diameter, is a specialised product primarily composed of 70% nickel, combined with iron and other elements. This wire is known for its unique properties, which make it ideal for a variety of applications. As a result of NiFe70’s exceptional corrosion resistance, it is suitable for use in harsh environments where other metals might fail. Because of NiFe70’s corrosion resistance, products and structures made with it last longer. This results in lower maintenance costs and fewer outages.
Nickel wire made from NiFe70 has another significant advantage: its high thermal conductivity. A property like this is essential for applications such as heating systems, thermal sensors, and electronic components where heat distribution is critical. Heat is evenly distributed by the wires in these systems, which contributes to their efficiency and reliability. Furthermore, NiFe70 possesses good electrical conductivity, making it useful in electrical applications that require a steady and consistent current.
Specification of Wire:
- Diameter – 0.5mm (500 Micron – 24AWG)
- Ohms/m – 1.048
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
FAQs About This Wire
What Is NiFe70 Nickel Wire Primarily Used For?
- Heating Elements: Due to its high thermal conductivity, NiFe70 is often used in heating systems, including industrial heaters and domestic appliances.
- Thermal Sensors and Controls: Its stable response to temperature changes makes it ideal for use in thermal sensors and temperature control devices.
- Electrical Applications: NiFe70’s good electrical conductivity makes it suitable for use in electrical components, particularly where stable and consistent current is required.
- Electromagnetic Devices: The wire is used in electromagnetic applications, such as in relays, transformers, and magnetic actuators, due to its controlled magnetic responsiveness.
- Precision Instruments: Its predictable thermal expansion and corrosion resistance make it ideal for use in precision instruments, ensuring dimensional stability and longevity.
Is NiFe70 Nickel Wire Environmentally Friendly?
Nickel-iron 70 NiFe wire is generally considered to be environmentally friendly due to several key factors. Due to its durability and corrosion resistance, products made with NiFe70 tend to last longer, reducing the need for frequent replacements. The materials in NiFe70 are also highly recyclable, meaning the wire can be reprocessed at the end of its life cycle, which reduces its environmental impact. NiFe70 also has an eco-friendly profile, due to its efficiency in thermal and electrical applications. Nevertheless, NiFe70’s environmental friendliness depends also on the practices involved in its production, use, and disposal. Environmental impact is determined by responsible sourcing and manufacturing practices, as well as proper recycling practices.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, fecral, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘Everything That You Need To Know About Wire‘ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.