Nichrome 200 Wire
The Crazy Wire Company are well known as suppliers of top quality Nichrome 200 wire. We have enormous stock levels at all times, as we use this wire to weave our high specification woven mesh products. Our brilliant staff are experts in producing our spools of round wire on our 6 rapid action winding machines. All spools are produced to carry a little extra length to make up for any waste when handling the product.
The nichrome 200 wire, specifically crafted with a dimension of 0.5mm (24 AWG) and composed of 99.6% Nickel, manifests a distinct blend of reliability and durability in various applications owing to its unique physical and electrical properties. Due to its non-magnetic nature, nickel chromium alloys are widely used as non-magnetic heating elements in different industries and household products. A notable feature of nichrome 200 wire is its commendable resistance to oxidation and corrosion, even at elevated temperatures, ensuring longevity and sustained performance. Electric heaters, furnaces, and resistors are made using it because of its consistent heating properties and ability to withstand frequent temperature changes. Because of its ability to heat up rapidly and maintain a stable temperature, this wire can also be used to make foam cutters.
Aside from its application in the aerospace and automobile industries, it’s also used in kilns and furnaces for heat treatment. This provides regulated and reliable heating. Nichrome 200 wire is crucial to toasters, hair dryers, and ovens because it is stable at high temperatures and minimally corroded. Further, it is utilised in industrial sectors for producing laboratory equipment, scientific research, and various applications requiring consistent, controlled heating. Thus, nichrome 200 wire, a versatile and reliable choice for numerous applications, is synonymous with reliability, consistency, and quality heating.
Key product details:
- Diameter – 0.5mm (500 Micron – 24 AWG)
- Ohms/m – 0.49
- Ni+Co – Max 99.6% / Min 99.0%
Fe – 0.4%
C – 0.15%
Mn – 0.35%
Si – 0.35%
Cu – 0.25%
S – 0.01%Density – 8.89 g/cm3
Melting Point – 1435 – 1446 oC
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
We also offer stainless steel in ribbon and flat wire options.
The choice is virtually endless!
FAQs About This Wire
Is Nichrome 200 Wire Suitable In Marine Environments?
Due to its intrinsic resistance to oxidation and corrosion, Nichrome 200 wire is quite durable and stable in a variety of environments. This enables it to be used with some success in marine environment applications. Its inherent properties, including the high percentage of nickel (99.6%), allow it to resist the corrosive effects of saltwater and humidity. This could facilitate its use in marine applications where controlled, consistent heating is required without deteriorating rapidly due to harsh, corrosive conditions.
Despite offering significant corrosion resistance, nichrome 200 wire’s absolute longevity and performance in marine settings are ultimately dependent on the specific application conditions, like continuous exposure to saltwater, and may require additional protective measures or considerations to ensure optimal performance and durability. There may also be bespoke or additional protective coatings or encasements available that can enhance the wire’s resilience against marine corrosion, ensuring extended service life. It is prudent to consult a technical specialist or the wire manufacturer for detailed, application-specific advice before using nichrome 200 wire in marine environments.
How To Clean Nichrome 200 Wire Without Damaging It?
Cleaning nichrome 200 wire effectively without causing damage necessitates a gentle and cautious approach, given its pivotal role in various heating applications where maintaining its integrity is paramount. Begin by ensuring the wire is powered off, unplugged, and completely cool to prevent any risk of electrical shock or burns.
Utilising a soft, lint-free cloth, gently wipe down the wire to remove any superficial dirt or debris. For more tenacious residues or built-up grime, you might consider using a mild solvent or a diluted cleaning solution. It is crucial to ensure that the cleaning solution is non-abrasive and non-corrosive to avoid impairing the wire’s functionality and longevity.
Apply the cleaning solution sparingly to your cloth and delicately wipe down the wire, being cautious not to apply excessive pressure which might distort or damage it.
Ensure the nichrome 200 wire is thoroughly dried post-cleaning to prevent any potential of electrical shorting or corrosion from moisture retention. In instances where the wire is utilised in a precision application or where residues might be particularly stubborn, a professional-grade ultrasonic cleaner, used in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines, may be employed to ensure thorough cleaning without inflicting mechanical stress or damage to the wire.
Always ensure to refer to any product-specific maintenance guidelines provided by the manufacturer and when in doubt, seek professional advice to prevent inadvertent damage during the cleaning process.
What Are The Most Common Failures Of Nichrome 200 Wire In Applications?
- Overheating: Continuous use at temperatures close to or exceeding its maximum operating limit may lead to overheating, reducing its lifespan and potentially causing premature failure.
- Mechanical Stress: Excessive bending, twisting, or coiling might induce mechanical stress. This could potentially lead to breakages or compromising its structural integrity over time.
- Corrosion: Although nichrome 200 wire is notably corrosion-resistant, under certain conditions (such as exposure to certain chemicals or extremely harsh environments), it may experience corrosive degradation.
- Oxidation: Prolonged exposure to high temperatures might result in an increased rate of oxidation. This could lead to affecting its resistance properties and thereby, its heating efficiency.
- Improper Installation: Incorrect installation or misalignment might render the wire susceptible to premature wear. This could potentially causing inconsistencies or failure in heating performance.
- Electrical Overloading: Subjecting the wire to electrical currents above its specified capacity can induce overloading, resulting in potential damage or failure.
- Inadequate Support: Lack of appropriate structural support during installation may foster sagging or deformation under heat, affecting its functionality.
- Environmental Factors: Use in unshielded, harsh environments might expose the wire to conditions (such as excessive moisture or abrasive particles) that may negatively impact its durability and performance.
- Quality Inconsistencies: Employing nichrome wire with imperfections or inconsistencies in its manufacture may precipitate localised failures or irregular performance.
- Improper Storage: Storing nichrome wire in conditions conducive to corrosion or physical damage can compromise its quality before it’s even deployed in applications.
The Crazy Wire Company is a leading UK based supplier of nichrome, FeCrAl, and stainless steel wires. We specialise in rapid delivery to any location around the country. Our factory is located in Warrington, which is the historic home of the UK’s wire industry.
Check out our blog ‘What You Need To Know About: Stainless Steel Wires’ for more information on resistance wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.