Ni80 Ladder Coils
Ladder coils are uniquely designed metal wires structured in a step-like pattern, mimicking a ladder. Despite its simplicity, this design offers several key advantages. By increasing the contact area with the desired material, the enhanced surface area ensures more consistent and efficient performance. Compared to standard wire coils, ladder coils last longer and cost less to replace because they are made from durable materials like kanthal, stainless steel, and nichrome.
An important benefit is the even distribution of heat across the coil. By minimising hot spots, uniform heating ensures optimal results in a variety of applications. The ladder coil is suitable for a variety of electrical and heating devices since it promotes better airflow and reduces the chance of overheating. In addition to being structured, they are also resistant to residue build-up, so maintenance is simplified.
About The Product
The details of this product are as follows:
- Metal – Ni80
- Pack Size – 10 Coils
- Resistance – 0.25 Ω
- Coil Build – Ladder Coils (26 AWG x 2 +0.1mm x 0.8mm)
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
FAQs About This Wire
What Is A Ladder Coil?
Ni80 ladder coils are made by wrapping a wire, typically nickel-chromium alloy (NiCr) wire, around a rod or mandrel to create a specific shape. The wire is then heated to a high temperature to anneal it, which makes it more pliable and easier to work with. The wire is then shaped into a ladder-like structure, with each rung of the ladder being a single coil. The coils are then spaced and secured in place, usually with a small amount of wire or other material. The coils are then heated again to fuse the wire together, creating a strong, stable coil. This process is typically done by hand, although there are machines that can automate the process.
Can Ladder Coils Handle High-Temperature Operations?
Yes, ladder coils are designed to handle high-temperature operations effectively. Their unique step-like structure ensures even heat distribution, minimising the chances of hotspots. Crafted from durable materials like KA1, stainless steel, and nichrome, ladder coils are known for their resilience under elevated temperatures. However, it’s essential to ensure that the specific ladder coil you select is rated for your intended temperature range and application to guarantee optimal performance and longevity. Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines and specifications when considering high-temperature use.
Check out our blog expanding on the difference between Clapton and Flapton coil wires. This is an extremely detailed article, which we hope will provide much insight into the subject.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.