Ni80 Parallel Clapton
The Ni80 Parallel Clapton wire is a premium-quality resistance wire designed for a multitude of applications that demand precision and consistency. This Clapton configuration offers a balanced blend of electrical resistance and structural stability by making use of two parallel 26 AWG core wires surrounded by a thin 38 AWG wire. With specifications detailing a resistance of 4.75 Ω/m, each 5-metre spool (equivalent to approximately 15ft) ensures that users receive adequate length for multiple uses, be it crafting intricate coil designs or other electrical projects.
As one of its most outstanding characteristics, the Ni80 material from which the wire is crafted is renowned for its superior heat resistance and durability. Therefore, even under demanding conditions, an efficient current flow can be achieved while also reducing the risk of premature degradation. Parallel Clapton Ni80 stands out as the optimal resistance wire for those looking for reliability, consistency, and versatility. Featuring professional-grade specifications and ensuring accurate results with every use, it’s ideal for enthusiasts and professionals alike.
About The Product
The details of this product are as follows:
- Spool Length – 5 Metre Spool (15ft)
- Metal – Ni80 Nichrome NiCr8020
- Resistance – 4.75 Ω/m
- Coil Type – Parallel Clapton (26 AWG / 26 AWG + 38 AWG)
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
FAQs About This Wire
How To Cut Ni80 Parallel Clapton Wire?
- Safety First: Before you begin, ensure that you’re working in a well-lit area. Always wear safety glasses to protect your eyes from any potential flying wire fragments.
- Measure and Mark: If you have a specific length in mind, measure the required length of the Ni80 Parallel Clapton wire with a ruler or measuring tape, and mark the spot with a marker or a small piece of tape.
- Use the Right Tool: For clean cuts, use a pair of sharp wire cutters or pliers specifically designed for cutting wire. Ensure the blades are sharp and free from rust or damage.
- Cutting Technique: Hold the wire with one hand, ensuring it’s taut. Position the blades of the wire cutter at the mark and apply firm pressure until the wire snaps. For thicker gauges or bundled wires like Claptons, you may need to exert more pressure.
- Ensure Clean Edges: After cutting, check the end of the wire. If there are any jagged edges, you can use a small file or sandpaper to smoothen them out. This step is especially important if the wire will be threaded through any objects, to prevent damage or snagging.
- Storage: Once cut, coil any excess wire and store it properly to prevent kinking or tangling. Keeping your wire spooled or coiled will make future use easier and ensure the longevity of the wire.
Can Ni80 Parallel Clapton Be Used In Soldering Projects?
Ni80 Parallel Clapton wire consists of Nickel-Chromium 80/20 and is recognised for its heat resistance, making it suitable for soldering projects. Despite its unique properties, soldering Ni80 poses more challenges than soldering copper due to its unique characteristics. In order to create a robust solder joint, it’s important to ensure the wire is clean and free of oxidation, which may require light sanding. An optimal solder flow and adhesion can be achieved with the use of a high-quality flux.
It is also beneficial to use a solder that contains a higher amount of silver in order to enhance bonding with Ni80 materials. Additionally, keeping the soldering tool at the right temperature is crucial: it should be hot enough to create a durable bond without damaging the component. After soldering, always test the joint to confirm its strength. In essence, while the Ni80 Parallel Clapton can be used in soldering endeavors, it demands careful attention and specific techniques to ensure optimal results.
Check out our blog expanding on the difference between Clapton and Flapton coil wires. This is an extremely detailed article, which we hope will provide much insight into the subject.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.