25 AWG Ni80 Flat Clapton
The 25 AWG Ni80 Flat Clapton coil wire is a product designed with precision and utility in mind. Made from Ni80 (Nichrome or NiCr 80/20) metal, this wire boasts reliable performance and durability. With a resistance of 6.17 Ω/m, it stands out for its consistent and dependable electrical characteristics.
Spanning a length of 5 metres (equivalent to 15ft), each spool ensures you have ample wire for your needs. Its specifications, particularly the 25 AWG / 38 AWG Flat Clapton coil type, indicate meticulous design aimed at achieving optimal functionality. Users can benefit from its versatile applications, ranging from electrical projects to various other DIY tasks.
Opting for this Ni80 coil wire means choosing a product that offers both quality and value. Its long spool length paired with the resilience of the Ni80 metal makes it a worthy addition to any toolkit or workshop. Whether you’re an enthusiast or a professional, the 25 AWG Ni80 Flat Clapton coil wire provides a straightforward solution for tasks requiring a reliable wire.
About The Product
The details of this product are as follows:
- Spool Length – 5 Metre Spool (15ft)
- Metal – Ni80 (Nichrome / NiCr 80/20)
- Resistance – 6.17 Ω/m
- Coil Type – 25 AWG / 38 AWG Flat Clapton
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
FAQs About This Product:
How Is A 25 AWG Ni80 Flat Clapton Coil Created?
The Ni80 Flat Clapton coil wire is a type of specialty wire that is commonly used for myriad applications. The process for making this specific wire involves several steps:
- Core Wire Production: The core wire, in this case, 25 AWG Ni80, is produced first. Ni80 (or Nichrome 80/20) is an alloy consisting of 80% nickel and 20% chromium. This wire is drawn to its desired gauge, ensuring that it meets the specific resistance properties.
- Flat Wire Production: A separate flat wire, the 38 AWG in this case, is also produced using a similar method. It’s drawn to be thin and flat, like a ribbon.
- Clapton Wrapping: The flat wire (38 AWG) is then tightly wound around the core wire (25 AWG) in a helical manner. This is where the term “Clapton” comes from, as it resembles guitar strings, specifically those used by the guitarist Eric Clapton. This wrapping can be done with the help of machinery or manually, depending on the scale of production.
- Heat Treatment: The wire may undergo a heat treatment or annealing process. This makes the wire more malleable and also sets its resistance properties.
- Quality Check: After the Clapton wire is made, it undergoes a series of quality checks to ensure it meets the desired specifications, especially the resistance of 6.17 Ω/m.
- Spooling: Once approved, the wire is wound onto spools, in this case, 5 metre lengths.
What Applications Can Coil Wire Be Used For?
Here are just a few applications that quality coil wire has been used for:
- Heating Elements: Due to their resistance properties, coil wires like Ni80 can be used in heating elements found in various appliances, including toasters, ovens, hairdryers, and space heaters. When an electric current passes through the wire, its resistance causes it to heat up, thus providing the necessary warmth.
- Jewelry Making: Artisans and jewelry designers often utilise coil wire for crafting intricate designs, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. The malleable nature of the wire makes it suitable for shaping and forming unique pieces.
- Electrical Repairs: Coil wire can be useful for minor electrical repairs or projects, serving as a connecting or bridging wire.
- Art and Craft: Artists and craft enthusiasts sometimes employ coil wire in sculptures, model making, or decorative art pieces, valuing its flexible yet sturdy characteristics.
- Sensors: In some industries, coil wires are used in the manufacture of specific sensors, particularly those measuring temperature. The resistance of the wire can change with temperature, making it suitable for thermocouples or resistance temperature detectors (RTDs).
- Electromagnets: Coil wire can be wound around a core to produce electromagnets. When energised, these magnets can be used in various applications, from simple science experiments to more complex machinery.
- Hobbyist Projects: Many DIY enthusiasts and hobbyists use coil wire for a variety of projects, from building miniature models to creating custom electronic gadgets.
- Antennas: In certain applications, coil wire can be used to construct antennas, particularly for shortwave radios or other communication devices.
Check out our blog expanding on the difference between Clapton and Flapton coil wires. This is an extremely detailed article, which we hope will provide much insight into the subject.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.