24 AWG Ni60 Flat Clapton
The 24 AWG Ni60 Flat Clapton wire is a versatile and durable product, designed for various electrical applications. It features a core of 24 AWG Ni60, a nickel-chromium alloy, wrapped with a 36 AWG wire, creating a flat Clapton structure. This design enhances heat distribution and increases the surface area, making it suitable for projects requiring precise temperature control and consistent electrical resistance. With a resistance of 5.40 ohms per meter, this wire is reliable for consistent performance. Available on a 5-meter spool, it is ideal for various DIY projects, electronics repairs, and custom electrical tasks. The product’s robustness, precise engineering, and convenient spool packaging make it a practical choice for both enthusiasts and professionals.
About The Product
The details of this product are as follows:
- Spool Length – 5 Metre Spool (15ft)
- Metal – Ni60
- Resistance – 5.40 Ω/m
- Coil Type – 24 AWG / 36 AWG Flat Clapton
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
As well as this huge range of options, we also carry all coil wire as 5 metre spools too. This offers slightly better value, but you will have to cut it down yourself to suit your requirement.
FAQs About This Wire
Can It Be Used For Heating Elements?
24 AWG Ni60 wire can be used to make heating elements in a number of different applications. The alloy’s nickel-chromium composition and high resistance make it suitable for generating heat when electric current is passed through it. It is important, however, to use the wire within its specified voltage and temperature range to maintain safety and performance. For designing and using heating elements made from this wire, it is always recommended that you follow recommended guidelines.
Are There Any Specific Storage Requirements?
- Dry Environment: Store the wire in a dry location to prevent moisture or humidity from affecting its properties.
- Room Temperature: Maintain a stable room temperature, avoiding extreme heat or cold, to prevent any potential changes in the wire’s characteristics.
- Spool Protection: Keep the wire on the spool it comes with, as this protects it from tangling or damage. Ensure the spool is clean and free from contaminants.
- Sealable Container: If you remove the wire from the original spool, consider storing it in a sealable container or a resealable bag to protect it from dust and debris.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: Store the wire away from direct sunlight, as prolonged exposure to UV rays may cause damage.
- Labeling: If you have multiple wire types, label them clearly to avoid confusion and ensure you can easily identify the 24 AWG Ni60 wire.
Check out our blog ‘what is nichrome’ for more information on ni80 wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.