20 AWG Ni60 Flat Clapton
The 20 AWG Ni60 Flat Clapton wire, measuring 20/32 AWG, is a durable and versatile product ideal for various applications. Ni60 is a nickel-chromium alloy that is highly resistant to oxidation at high temperatures because of its nickel-chromium composition. Approximately 15 feet of wire is provided on this 5-metre spool, so it is versatile for a wide range of applications.
Among its most important characteristics are its 2.30 ohms per meter resistance, which makes it ideal for precision electrical applications. As a result of its flat design, Clapton creates a large surface area that enhances heat distribution efficiency. With its 20 AWG thickness, the wire is able to balance ruggedness with flexibility, making it easy to use and easy to design intricate projects.
AWG Ni60 Flat Clapton wire is ideal for both professional and hobbyist applications because it is easy to use, versatile, and adaptable. This product is packaged in a spool for easy storage and handling. For a variety of electrical and thermal applications, this product offers durability, flexibility, and precise resistance.
About The Product
The details of this product are as follows:
- Spool Length – 5 Metre Spool (15ft)
- Metal – Ni60
- Resistance – 2.30 Ω/m
- Coil Type – 20 AWG / 32 AWG Flat Clapton
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
As well as this huge range of options, we also carry all coil wire as 5 metre spools too. This offers slightly better value, but you will have to cut it down yourself to suit your requirement.
FAQs About This Wire
Is 20 AWG Ni60 Flat Wire Corrosion-Resistant?
Yes, Ni60 Flat Wire in 20 AWG is corrosion-resistant. Due to its nickel-chromium alloy composition (Ni60), it is highly resistant to oxidation and corrosion, especially at elevated temperatures. Its corrosion resistance makes it suitable for use in environments where corrosive elements or varying weather conditions may occur, yet it will maintain its integrity and performance over time. In addition to its corrosion resistance, the 20 AWG Ni60 Flat Wire makes an excellent choice for a wide array of applications.
What Safety Precautions Should Be Taken When Using 20 AWG Ni60 Flat Wire?
- Wear Protective Gear: Use gloves and safety glasses to protect your hands and eyes from sharp edges and any small wire fragments.
- Work in a Well-Ventilated Area: Ensure proper ventilation if you’re working in an environment where the wire might be heated or soldered.
- Handle with Care: The wire can have sharp edges, especially after cutting. Handle it carefully to avoid injury.
- Use Proper Tools: Employ suitable wire cutters and strippers to avoid damaging the wire or injuring yourself.
- Avoid Overheating: When soldering or applying heat, be cautious not to overheat the wire, as this can alter its properties or cause harm.
- Check for Allergies: Ni60 alloy contains nickel. Individuals with nickel allergies should take extra precautions to avoid direct skin contact.
- Electrical Safety: If using the wire in electrical projects, ensure all power sources are turned off before handling to prevent electric shock.
- Proper Storage: Store the wire safely to prevent accidental unspooling or damage. Keep out of reach of children.
- Dispose of Waste Properly: Dispose of any offcuts or wire fragments responsibly to avoid injury or environmental harm.
- Follow Industry Standards: When using the wire in specific applications, adhere to relevant industry standards and guidelines for safety and efficiency.
Check out our blog ‘what is nichrome’ for more information on ni80 wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.