Ribbon Wire Ni80
The Ribbon Wire Ni80, a 0.2 x 1mm Nickel Chrome 80/20 (NiCr8020) wire offered in a 100-metre length, is a durable and efficient material ideal for various applications. As a result of its unique ribbon shape, it provides a large surface area, which enhances the distribution of heat and increases efficiency, making it suitable for electronic components and heating elements in appliances. High temperatures are no match for stability of the Ni80 alloy, which ensures integrity in demanding environments. As a result of its flexibility and ease of handling, this wire is also ideal for custom manufacturing, enabling intricate designs to be created. The material ensures efficient operation in electrical applications through consistent electrical resistance and conductivity. The corrosion resistance of its materials contributes to their longevity, making them an excellent choice for industries that require reliable, high-performance materials.
Key product details:
- Diameter – 0.2mm x 1mm
- Ohms/m –
- Technical Specification:
- Ni – Rest
- Cr – 20.0 – 23.0
- Fe – <1.0
- Max Continuous Service Temp Of Element – 1200
- Micrographic Structure – Austenite
- Magnetic Properties – Nonmagnetic
- Electrical resistance is high
- Corrosion resistance is high
Why Use The Crazy Wire Company
- Quality of products: The Crazy Wire Company always offer high-quality products that meet industry standards and customer expectations.
- Selection: We offer a wide variety of wire products and sizes to meet the diverse needs of our customers. We have more than 600 products available through our site and counting.
- Price: We always offer the best value possible. Our wires are available as part of our major weaving processes, so it is bought at the best possible rate.
- Availability: Our products are kept in house and are ready to ship immediately.
- Customer service: Our experienced staff help our customers feel confident in their purchases and provide assistance when required.
What Else Is Available?
FAQs About This Wire
What Are The Limitations Of Using Ribbon Wire Ni80?
- Mechanical Strength: Due to its thin and flat structure, Ribbon Wire Ni80 might not have the same mechanical strength as thicker or round wires, making it less suitable for applications requiring high structural integrity.
- Flexibility Constraints: While the wire is flexible, its ribbon shape can be more prone to bending or warping compared to round wire, which could limit its use in certain scenarios where extreme flexibility and resilience are needed.
- Temperature Limitations: Despite its high-temperature stability, there is a threshold beyond which the Ni80 alloy might lose its integrity or performance characteristics. It’s crucial to understand these limits for applications involving extreme temperatures.
- Specialised Use: The unique properties of Ribbon Wire Ni80 mean it might not be suitable as a direct replacement for other types of wire in general applications. Its use is often more specialised and may not fit all standard requirements.
- Cost Considerations: Depending on the specific requirements and the niche applications it serves, Ribbon Wire Ni80 might be more expensive than more commonly used wire types.
- Electrical Resistance: While it offers consistent electrical resistance, this might not be optimal for all electrical applications, especially where very low or very high resistance is needed.
Are There Any Special Techniques For Cutting Ribbon Wire Ni80?
- Sharp Shears or Scissors: Use sharp, high-quality shears or scissors specifically designed for cutting thin wires. The sharpness ensures clean and precise cuts without damaging the wire’s edges.
- Proper Angles: When cutting, ensure that you maintain a straight and perpendicular angle to the wire’s length. This helps prevent fraying or distortion of the ribbon shape.
- Avoid Crushing: Be cautious not to crush or flatten the wire while cutting. Ribbon Wire Ni80’s performance relies on its ribbon shape, and deformation can affect its functionality.
- Support and Stability: Place the wire on a stable surface or use a cutting mat to provide support. This helps maintain the wire’s shape and prevents unintended bending during cutting.
- Cutting Tools Lubrication: Applying a small amount of lubrication (such as silicone oil) to the cutting tools can reduce friction and make the cutting process smoother.
- Safety Precautions: Always wear appropriate safety gear, including safety glasses and gloves, to protect yourself during the cutting process.
- Measure Twice, Cut Once: Double-check your measurements before cutting to avoid unnecessary waste of Ribbon Wire Ni80.
- Practice and Patience: If you’re new to working with Ribbon Wire Ni80, practice on a small section first to get a feel for the material and the cutting process.
- Deburring: After cutting, check the edges for any burrs or sharp points and gently file or sand them down if necessary. This helps prevent injuries during handling.
- Dispose of Scraps Safely: Properly dispose of any leftover scraps, as they may still have sharp edges and can be a safety hazard.
Check out our blog ‘Understanding The Properties Of Nichrome Ribbon Wire’ for more information on ni80 wire in general. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.